If we call customer care they don’t give us a refund for this but they will deactivate or stop this service. This method is too complicated but you can use this method.
Every service, which we activate have them some monthly charges. The service automatically deducts their charge from your mobile balance. This will deduct next month’s charges too if you won’t deactivate this service.
We can deactivate this service without calling to customer care but calling to customer care is the best method because some times they give refund your money if you call them the same day of service activation.
So first talk to customer care by dialing 198 and choose some options, like choose your language, the select problem you faced and they will give you the option talk to customer care.
Also, read this – How to stop VAS services on Idea.
If they won’t give you it’s refund then you can tell them to deactivate this service on your mobile number or you can deactivate it by yourself, read below steps carefully.
How to deactivate or stop VAS service in airtel.
This is manually work so be careful. Follow all steps below listed –
1. open the dialer pad and type *121# and then call.
2. the processing will automatically stop and after a few seconds, some options will flash on the screen.
Many times it changes so don’t look at the arrangement, look at the text. So here you have to find ‘Other services‘ option, on screenshot this option is on number 7 then enter 7.
3. After selecting ‘other services‘ you will see ‘activate and deactivate service‘ option, on my mobile, it’s on number 2 so select number 2.
4. after selecting number 2 you will receive two options, the first, will be ‘activate service‘ and the second, the option will be ‘deactivate service‘ enter number 2.
If any service was activated on your number then they ask you to confirm to deactivate this service. after confirmation, the service will be deactivated.
Procedure to deactivate or stop VAS service in Airtel through SMS method:
1. Type “STOP” and send it to 155223 from your mobile phone.
(A blank SMS may also be sent to 155223)
2. You will get a list of all VAS services activated on your mobile number.
3. Now reply back with the option of the VAS you want to deactivate,
selected from the list of VAS activated on your phone.
4. You will receive an SMS informing the receipt of your deactivation
request (with the name of VAS) that the service will be deactivated within
(In case of the incorrect response sent by you, an SMS will be sent to you
informing the method once again)
5. After the actual deactivation of VAS, you will receive an SMS to confirm that
the service (with the name of VAS) has been deactivated.
Procedure to deactivate or stop VAS service in Airtel through IVRS method:
In each State, the IVRS is available with an option of a minimum 2 languages –
English and the dominant language of the state.
1. On dialing 155223, you will be offered over a recorded announcement,
the list of VAS activated on your mobile number.
e.g. “…welcome to XYZ Telecom Ltd….to Stop Caller Tunes Press 1, to
Stop Cricket Alert press 2…… to repeat press 0…” (in case Caller Tune
and Cricket Alert is active)
2. You can select the VAS to be deactivated, by pressing the appropriate key
for the VAS to be deactivated.
e.g. “to deactivate Cricket Alert, you shall press 2.”
3. You will receive an SMS informing that the request to deactivate the VAS
has been received; it will be deactivated within 4 hours.
4. After deactivation of the VAS, another SMS confirming the deactivation of
VAS will be sent to you.
In case of the wrong key pressed or no key pressed for 10 seconds:
5. You will be informed that the key pressed is wrong and the list of
activated VAS will be repeated once again.
6. If you are not able to press the correct key again, you will be transferred to a
call center agent.
Conclusion – These are some simple steps to deactivate or stop any unwanted service on your number.
I hope you can solve this problem easily if you have any questions about this post ( how to deactivate or stop vas service in airtel ) then ask your question by commenting below. I will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.